* This is a sponsored post for ADDIS *
We are all busy, and when life starts to get a little bit crazy, one of the first things to take a back seat is healthy eating. We turn to convenience food, don't make the healthiest choices and we feel sluggish because of it. Here we are sharing our favourite healthy food on the go, that is perfect for your lunch break, whilst travelling or after the gym. All kept fresh by storing it in the food storage containers from ADDIS.
Forget about a bland supermarket sandwich or pasta salad during your lunch break, and you can do better than a protein shake after the gym. Why not spend a little time prepping before leaving the house, or put aside some leftovers from dinner and you can enjoy things like pancakes with chia jam, overnight oats, fajitas, chickpea curry, smoothies and protein packed salads all whilst on the go.
How to store leftover food
You want to store your meals well, so that not only do they stay fresh, but they don't leak either (there is nothing worse than the contents of your smoothie bottle at the bottom of your bags, or a deconstructed prawn salad in between the pages of your book). That is why we love the Clip & Go range from ADDIS.
ADDIS provide a fantastic range of food storage solutions, so you never have a leaky lunch again and everything stays deliciously fresh. In the Clip & Go range, we really love the Salad Box, which has two compartments and in the top there is space for cutlery (which comes with it) and a little dressing pot so you can dress your salad at the last minute so it doesn't go soggy.
Another favourite is the Wrap and Roll, which stores wraps (or fajitas as we have done) without the need to wrap them up in foil. You always see sandwich storage boxes, but never wraps, so we were really impressed with this. Plus wraps make a nice change from sandwiches.
Don't skip breakfast because you don't have time - take it with you. The ADDIS breakfast bowl is perfect for this and we use it for overnight oats or veggie scrambles. Just like the salad box it a separate top section that you can put oat toppings like nuts, seeds and fruit.
ADDIS believe that housework (and meal prep) should be less of a chore and more ‘matter-of-fact’ – a simple task with no effort. They want to make life easier which leaves time for the things that really matter. The Clip & Go range definitely help us to eat better on the go, and it's great value too.
Healthy Food Prep
Breakfast On The Go
- Overnight Oats - The ultimate easy prep meal. You just mix together oats and milk, and add in whatever other ingredients you like. Nut butter, dried fruit, chopped nuts, berries - the options are endless. Store it in the fridge overnights and the oats are nice and soft by morning.
- Breakfast Egg Muffins - Such a great fridge raid breakfast, and really protein packed, so good after a morning gym session.
- Blueberry Waffles - Cold waffles (or you could heat the up) dipped in to Greek yoghurt. YUM!
- Pancakes with yoghurt and chia seed jam - If you are making a batch of pancakes at the weekend, save a couple for your Monday morning breakfast.
- Dark Chocolate Granola - A nice crunch breakfast to start your day. Serve with yoghurt or milk.
- Berry Smoothie - Smoothies are made for drinking on the go. Whizz up a banana with mixed berries, almond milk, nut butter and some spinach for a vitamin boost.
Lunch On The Go
- Garlic and Herb Prawn Salad - Don't want to stick out the staff room with anything too fishy? Go with these light king prawns served with some bread, crudités and a sweet balsamic dressing.
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich - keep it nostalgic with the sandwich that even the kids will love.
- Roasted Vegetable Salad - Roasting vegetables is the best way to cook them in our opinion, and the easiest way to get people to eat more veggies. This is a really heart salad.
- Protein Packed Salad - Getting plenty of protein after the gym is important, which is why we like to take easy and filling salads like this one. Tuna, boiled eggs and edamame for protein and then some lettuce and tomatoes. Simple and delicious!
- Moroccan Chicken Flatbreads - Another protein packed lunch option, and a nice alternative to a sandwich. You could switch up the flavours, and have a Mexican or Italian seasoned chicken flatbread instead.
Dinner On The Go
- Halloumi Fajitas - Why not try something a little different for Mexican night and use halloumi instead of chicken in fajitas? Save some leftovers and put in a wrap for another dinner the next day.
- Teriyaki Tofu Stir-fry - If you think that tofu is bland and boring, then you need to make this Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry ASAP, so it can change your mind! Crispy, sweet and sticky tofu mixed with delicious chunky vegetables – a quick and easy meal not to be missed. It’s ready in under 15 minutes and easy to pack away for a meal on the go.
- Sausage Pasta Bake - Comfort food can be healthy too and this pasta bake tastes even better the next day.
- Bean Burrito - Bean Burritos are made with cupboard staples for a quick and simple budget friendly meal. They wrap up really well for a meal on the go.
- Honey and Mustard Sausage Tray Bake - It’s packed full of colourful vegetables and is smothered in a really easy honey and mustard marinade. Healthy comfort food at its finest.
- 10 Minute Chickpea and Spinach Curry - A protein packed veggie curry that transports really well and tastes just as good cold. Serve with some brown rice and veggies for a filling post-gym dinner.
What are you favourite meals to eat on the go?
|Do you want to be kept up to date on more posts like this? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds).
Click here to sign up.
If you’ve tried any of the recipes on the blog then let us know how you got on in the comments below, we love hearing from you!