* This is a sponsored post for Tefal *
An Indian takeaway classic - this Airfried Chicken Tikka is perfectly cooked chunks of chicken seasoned in tikka spice and served with dips and naan bread for an easy dinner that is ready in just 20 minutes. A great starter for an Indian themed dinner party too.
One of our goals for this year was to order less takeaway in a bid to save money, and be a little bit healthier. It's so much easier to stick to that goal when we make our own healthier alternatives to our favourite takeaways and this Chicken Tikka is made every week. It's a New Year's Revolution, not a resolution!
Why you will love it
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Cheaper than takeout
- Less than 300 calories per portion
- Low carb and gluten free
- Chicken breast
- Bell peppers
- Tikka seasoning
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Tikka - Step by step
One: Chop the peppers into chunks and thinly the slice onions.
Two: Chop the chicken breasts into chunks.
Three: Add the peppers, onion, chicken, tikka seasoning and 1 ActiFry spoon full of olive oil to the ActiFry.
Four: Put on setting 6 for 22 minutes. It will be cooked to a gorgeous golden brown.
Five: Serve with dipping sauce and naan bread.
Healthy fried chicken
This chicken is comforting, but still light and healthy thanks to cooking it in our Tefal ActiFry. Tefal challenged us to turn an unhealthy treat around as part of their New Year's Revolution challenge, and we are always up for a challenge.
They sent us our very own dinner spinner to choose what meal we were going to create. We just gave it a whirl it chose Indian. Chicken Tikka was an obvious choice.
Air fried food
Air fried chicken is deliciously succulent chunks of chicken that have been cooked in our Tefal ActiFry - which is one of our most used kitchen appliances. The ActiFry is the UK's leading low-fat fryer brand, offering you a healthy way to fry.
We cook chips (fries) in it at least twice a week and they are the best homemade chips we have ever made (using only 1 spoonful of oil you can make tasty, crispy chips with only 3% fat), but there is SO much more you can do in it.
From fries to stir-fries, curries to con carne, the ActiFry stirs up endless mealtime versatility. It can even cook desserts. The unique stirring paddle cooks your food to perfection. And all the air fryer recipes are much healthier than most deep fried or just fried foods.
Automatic stirring, timing and temperature controls mean no need to constantly stop, shake and monitor.
What to serve this with
We think this makes a great starter, side dish or light lunch as it's so quick and easy. We served it with some naan bread, an easy homemade cucumber raita (mint yogurt) some cucumber tomato salad and a small bowl of mango chutney.
You can freeze this chicken, however it will be a little dry once defrosted and reheated. It's so simple to cook in the air fryer, that it's best to just eat it from fresh.
• Not a fan of Indian spices? You could use Mexican, or even a mild Italian season blend instead.
• Make this in to a more filling meal by serving it with some rice as well as naan, dip and salad.
• Like things on the spicier side? Add an extra teaspoon of chilli powder to the tikka seasoning.
More Indian recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Tikka
- 300 g Chicken breast
- 2 Bell peppers - (red and green)
- 1 Onion
- 3 tablespoon Tikka seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Chop the peppers into chunks and thinly slice the onions.
- Chop the chicken breasts in to chunks.
- Add the peppers, onion, chicken, tikka seasoning and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the air fryer.
- Put on setting 6 for 22 minutes.
- Not a fan of Indian spices? You could use Mexican, or even a mild Italian season blend instead.
- Make this in to a more filling meal by serving it with some rice as well as naan, dip and salad.
- Like things on the spicier side? Add an extra teaspoon of chilli powder to the tikka seasoning.