Quick, easy and perfectly cooked - air fryer corn on the cob is totally going to change the way you cook corn. Crispy and slightly charred and then smothered in butter and herbs for a flavour packed side dish.
Corn on the cob in the air fryer is the BEST way to cook corn. The texture is like nothing else - tender, but with a slight crunch and still all that sweet and delicious flavour.
This air fryer corn is a total game changer, and it's so quick too, as there is no need to boil any water - just put it in your air fryer with a little oil and you don't need to heat up your kitchen either.
Corn in the air fryer is so versatile too, as it goes with almost anything. If you are looking for some other corn recipes, then why not try our Easy Sweetcorn Fritters, Grilled Corn with Herb Butter or Sweetcorn Salsa?
Why you will love it
- Easy - This is as easy as rubbing in oil and starting your air fryer.
- Quick - There is no need to boil any water, so you have time there and then it's just 10 minutes to get the BEST texture corn on the cob in the air fryer.
- Adaptable - You can change up the seasonings that you use on air fried corn on the cob.
- Versatile - This is a side dish that goes with almost anything and we have lots of suggestions for you below.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Corn - For best results, make this when corn is in season so you get nice sweet corn. You can use the full cobs, or cut them in half like we have.
- Oil - This is to help it crisp up a little bit and stops them sticking. Make sure you are using oil and not cooking spray, as this can ruin your air fryer basket.
- Salt and pepper - Generously season.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer corn on the cob - Step by step
One: Put the cobs of corn into a bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all the cobs.
Two: Put the coated corn cobs into your air fryer, leaving space between them.
Three: Cook at 190°C for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
What to serve with air fryer corn on the cob
This goes with almost anything! Chicken, fish, pizza, burgers and we have lots of recipes that you can serve alongside air fryer corn. Why not try one of these:
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Halloumi Salad
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Goujons
- Baked Lamb Chops
- Pizza Toast
- Salmon Fishcakes
We smothered ours with butter and parsley. But other herbs like coriander and mint work well. If you wanted to make Mexican street corn, then add some lime juice, a drizzle of sour cream and cheese and chilli powder. It's SO good. You could even just add a sprinkling of Parmesan.
This is a really simple recipe, so there isn't much that you can change. But, you can mix up the seasoning that has been used.
We kept it simple with salt and pepper, but paprika and cayenne would be really good. You could even use some Fajita Seasoning or French Fry Seasoning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can put frozen corn on the cob in the air fryer. Leave it out to defrost for about 30 minutes and you will just need to add on a couple of extra minutes cooking time.
No, there is no need to preheat your air fryer first.
We really can't rate our Ninja Foodi Max Dual highly enough. It has a huge 9.5 litre capacity, it allows you to cook two different things at once and it has 6 different cooking functions. It is 65% more efficient than an oven and uses 75% less fat than traditional cooking. It is also dishwasher safe.
Sweetcorn is rich in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron and it feeds good bacteria in your gut, which aids in digestion and helps keep you regular. It is also a good source of dietary fiber.
This is always best eaten fresh, however if you make too much of it that you can slice all the corn off and put it into an air tight container. It will then be good to add to salads or tacos for the next couple of days. You can slice all the corn off and store in a freezer bag for up to a month.
• Remember that every air fryer cooks things differently, so check your corn half way through to see how it is doing.
• Don't put too much in your air fryer and keep it to a single layer. If there is too much in there then the air can't circulate and you don't get that amazing texture.
• We don't recommend adding butter to your corn before it goes into the air fryer, otherwise it will brown too quickly and become too crispy.
• Air fryer corn on the cob is best served hot, but you can slice the corn off any leftovers and add to salads.
• Pick the freshest corn you can to ensure it's nice and sweet.
More air fryer recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer corn recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 360 g (12 oz) Mini corn cobs - about 90g/3oz each
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- Put the cobs of corn into a bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all the cobs.
- Put the coated corn cobs into your air fryer, leaving space between them.
- Cook at 190°C for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remember that every air fryer cooks things differently, so check your corn half way through to see how it is doing.
- Don't put too much in your air fryer and keep it to a single layer. If there is too much in there then the air can't circulate and you don't get that amazing texture.
- We don't recommend adding butter to your corn before it goes into the air fryer, otherwise it will brown too quickly and become too crispy.
- Air fryer corn on the cob is best served hot, but you can slice the corn off any leftovers and add to salads.
- Pick the freshest corn you can to ensure it's nice and sweet.
That looks so good I want to eat it right now!
Air fryer is 100% a way forward when you're looking for the tastiest corn on the cob! Loved your simple recipe!
Air fryer corn on the cob is my new favorite way to enjoy fresh corn! So easy. Love all of your easy air fryer recipes. Thanks!
Oooh this worked perfectly! My new go-to way to cook corn on the cob. Thanks!
Such a great idea to use air fryer!! Thanks so much for this!
I've been craving corn but its too cold to grill it outside. Air frying was the perfect solution! Thank you so much!
I never knew you could cook corn in the AF. Mine came out great! thanks for the recipe.
This is such a great way to serve corn on the cob! Love the texture it gets.
This is such a great idea! Can't wait for corn on the cob to be available here so we can try this. Bookmarking!