Quick, easy and perfectly cooked - air fryer corn on the cob is totally going to change the way you cook corn. Crispy and slightly charred and then smothered in butter and herbs for a flavour packed side dish.
Corn on the cob in the air fryer is the BEST way to cook corn. The texture is like nothing else - tender, but with a slight crunch and still all that sweet and delicious flavour.
This air fryer corn is a total game changer, and it's so quick too, as there is no need to boil any water - just put it in your air fryer with a little oil and you don't need to heat up your kitchen either.
Corn in the air fryer is so versatile too, as it goes with almost anything. If you are looking for some other corn recipes, then why not try our Easy Sweetcorn Fritters, Grilled Corn with Herb Butter or Sweetcorn Salsa?
Why you will love it
- Easy - This is as easy as rubbing in oil and starting your air fryer.
- Quick - There is no need to boil any water, so you have time there and then it's just 10 minutes to get the BEST texture corn on the cob in the air fryer.
- Adaptable - You can change up the seasonings that you use on air fried corn on the cob.
- Versatile - This is a side dish that goes with almost anything and we have lots of suggestions for you below.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Corn - For best results, make this when corn is in season so you get nice sweet corn. You can use the full cobs, or cut them in half like we have.
- Oil - This is to help it crisp up a little bit and stops them sticking. Make sure you are using oil and not cooking spray, as this can ruin your air fryer basket.
- Salt and pepper - Generously season.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer corn on the cob - Step by step
One: Put the cobs of corn into a bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all the cobs.
Two: Put the coated corn cobs into your air fryer, leaving space between them.
Three: Cook at 190°C for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
What to serve with air fryer corn on the cob
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Halloumi Salad
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Goujons
- Baked Lamb Chops
- Pizza Toast
- Salmon Fishcakes
We smothered ours with butter and parsley. But other herbs like coriander and mint work well. If you wanted to make Mexican street corn, then add some lime juice, a drizzle of sour cream and cheese and chilli powder. It's SO good. You could even just add a sprinkling of Parmesan.
This is a really simple recipe, so there isn't much that you can change. But, you can mix up the seasoning that has been used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can put frozen corn on the cob in the air fryer. Leave it out to defrost for about 30 minutes and you will just need to add on a couple of extra minutes cooking time.
No, there is no need to preheat your air fryer first.
We really can't rate our Ninja Foodi Max Dual highly enough. It has a huge 9.5 litre capacity, it allows you to cook two different things at once and it has 6 different cooking functions. It is 65% more efficient than an oven and uses 75% less fat than traditional cooking. It is also dishwasher safe.
Sweetcorn is rich in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron and it feeds good bacteria in your gut, which aids in digestion and helps keep you regular. It is also a good source of dietary fiber.
This is always best eaten fresh, however if you make too much of it that you can slice all the corn off and put it into an air tight container. It will then be good to add to salads or tacos for the next couple of days. You can slice all the corn off and store in a freezer bag for up to a month.
• Remember that every air fryer cooks things differently, so check your corn half way through to see how it is doing.
• Don't put too much in your air fryer and keep it to a single layer. If there is too much in there then the air can't circulate and you don't get that amazing texture.
• We don't recommend adding butter to your corn before it goes into the air fryer, otherwise it will brown too quickly and become too crispy.
• Air fryer corn on the cob is best served hot, but you can slice the corn off any leftovers and add to salads.
• Pick the freshest corn you can to ensure it's nice and sweet.
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 360 g (12 oz) Mini corn cobs - about 90g/3oz each
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- Put the cobs of corn into a bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all the cobs.
- Put the coated corn cobs into your air fryer, leaving space between them.
- Cook at 190°C for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remember that every air fryer cooks things differently, so check your corn half way through to see how it is doing.
- Don't put too much in your air fryer and keep it to a single layer. If there is too much in there then the air can't circulate and you don't get that amazing texture.
- We don't recommend adding butter to your corn before it goes into the air fryer, otherwise it will brown too quickly and become too crispy.
- Air fryer corn on the cob is best served hot, but you can slice the corn off any leftovers and add to salads.
- Pick the freshest corn you can to ensure it's nice and sweet.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.