These air fryer roasted vegetables are SO easy to make, they are versatile and adaptable and a quicker way to get roasted vegetables. All those deliciously crispy vegetables cooked in just 15 minutes. A minimal effort recipe that has so many uses!
We LOVE making roasted vegetables in the air fryer. They get all nice and crispy, but it half the time it would take in the oven, and with less oil. Quicker, and healthier - sounds good to us! Air fryer vegetables are a healthy side dish that is so easy to make, it's basically fool-proof. You can pretty much use whatever vegetables you want too.
If you are looking for some more vegetable side dishes, then why not try our easy Microwave Brussels Sprouts, simple but impressive Minted Peas or our delicious Sautéed Cabbage.
Why you will love it
- So easy - Air fried vegetables are as simple as mixing everything together and cooking them. Such a great side dish for when you are short on time.
- Healthier - You need less oil when roasting vegetables in air fryer, and also they don't absorb all the oil because they are not sitting in it like they would if you were roasting in the oven.
- Adaptable - There are so many different ways that you can season air fryer roasted vegetables, you never have to have them the same way twice.
- Versatile - You can serve this as a side dish or it can be part of the main dish. We have lots of suggestions of ways to serve it below.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Bell peppers - Any colour peppers go here, so use whatever you have. The red and orange ones are sweeter.
- Courgette (zucchini) - Any kind of squash will work here.
- Onions - You can use brown or red onions.
- Broccoli - This goes quite crispy, so put it in a little later than the other vegetables if you don't want it so crispy.
- Oil - We used a good quality olive oil. Use an oil with a high smoke point.
- Seasoning - We used a Mediterranean seasoning, but we have given other options below.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer roasted vegetables - Step by step
One: Put all the vegetables into a large bowl. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the seasoning. Mix well to coat all the veg.
Two: Put the vegetables into your air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, you may have to cook in batches.
Three: Cook at 200°C for 15 minutes.
What to serve with Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
We love air fryer roasted vegetables as a side dish and they go with pretty much anything. On the side of grilled chicken or fish, or even a burger or pizza if you want a big pile of vegetables on the side.
If you are serving them up as a side, then a little bit of herb butter on top is delicious, or a sprinkle of red chilli flakes or chilli oil. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is delicious if you want something a little more indulgent.
These make a delicious veggie packed snack as well. We like to serve them with some pita strips and our Healthy Ranch Dressing to dip them in.
But they don't have to just be a side. You can use them as a pizza topping or stir in them into pretty much any pasta dish. They also make a quick and easy addition to our Roasted Vegetable Winter Salad.
You can cook pretty much any vegetables in the air fryer, which is what we love about this recipe so much. Just make sure that you are using vegetables that cook at a similar rate, or you will need to put them in at separate times. For example, root vegetables like potato and carrot will take longer to cook than the bell peppers.
Here is a list of some other vegetables that would work well in this air fryer roasted vegetables recipe:
- Potato (white or sweet)
- Butternut squash
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green beans
You can also adapt the type of seasoning that you use. We used a Mediterranean seasoning to air fryer vegetables in, but you could also use an Italian seasoning, Fajita Seasoning, a Cajun seasoning or any of your favourite seasoning blends.
Store: Any leftovers can be stored in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
Freeze: We wouldn't recommend freezing air fryer roasted vegetables, as they are a little soggy when defrosted.
Reheat: You can reheat them in the air fryer for 5 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. You will need to add about 5 minutes onto the cooking time and they won't get quite so crispy, but it's a delicious way to cook frozen vegetables.
Pretty much anything goes here. But, anything that you would roast in the oven will also work well in the air fryer.
We really can't rate the Ninja Foodi Max Dual highly enough. It has a huge 9.5 litre capacity, it allows you to cook two different things at once and it has 6 different cooking functions. It is 65% more efficient than an oven and uses 75% less fat than traditional cooking. It is also dishwasher safe.
Yes, as long as you are using a gluten free seasoning and make sure there is no cross contamination, then these can be gluten free.
• For a lighter version of this, you can coat the vegetables in the seasoning and then spray with a little oil, or leave the oil out. They won't get as crispy, but they will still be cooked.
• For best results, the vegetables need to be in a single layer in the air fryer as this will help the air circulate and for them to get crispy. You can either use both baskets of your air fryer if you have a dual like us, or cook them in batches.
• Try to use a good mixture of coloured vegetables to make a really vibrant side dish.
• Slice the vegetables into even size pieces so that they all cook at the same rate.
More air fryer vegetable recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer vegetable recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- 2 Bell peppers - chopped into chunks
- 1 Courgette - large; diced
- 3 Onion - small; chopped into chunks
- 1 head Broccoli - cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean seasoning
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the seasoning.
- Mix well to coat all the veg.
- Put the vegetables into your air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, you may have to cook in batches.
- Cook at 200°C for 15 minutes.
- For a lighter version of this, you can coat the vegetables in the seasoning and then spray with a little oil, or leave the oil out. They won't get as crispy, but they will still be cooked.
- For best results, the vegetables need to be in a single layer in the air fryer as this will help the air circulate and for them to get crispy. You can either use both baskets of your air fryer if you have a dual like us, or cook them in batches.
- Try to use a good mixture of coloured vegetables to make a really vibrant side dish.
- Slice the vegetables into even size pieces so that they all cook at the same rate.
This is such an amazing side dish! So easy to make, too!
We love the flavor of roasted vegetables but hate waiting for them to be done in the oven. This is the perfect solution! Thanks.
Love that you used Mediterranean flavors on these easy to make roasted vegetables. They are a perfect side dish.
I like to make air fryer veggies every night of the week. They come out crispier and fresher tasting in my opinion.
I love how perfectly crisp the veggies turn out! Veggies in the air fryer are the way to go!
love those air fryer vegetables
Not only was this incredibly easy, but they turned out perfectly crisp and delicious; even my picky eaters gobbled them up!
I love making roasted vegetables. They're perfect with almost any main dish. This is a great way to make them.
I’m all for healthy so your Air Fryer vegetables Hits the spot. Thanks for sharing.
Literally the best way to make veggies! So good!
This is such a convenient and tasty way to roast up veggies!