Using the air fryer is the best way to make crispy potato slices with minimal oil. Just 3 ingredients is all you need and these air fryer potato slices are ready in just 20 minutes. Sliced potatoes in the air fryer are adaptable and a really versatile side side.
Light and fluffy potato slices with super crispy edges are a staple side dish in our house and this is our favourite way to cook them. Air fryer sliced potatoes are as simple as mixing thinly sliced potatoes with oil and your favourite seasoning blend and then cooking in less time than they would take in the oven.
If you are looking for some other air fryer potato recipes, why not try our Air Fryer Diced Potatoes, Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes, Air Fryer Jacket Potatoes and The BEST Air Fryer Chips?
Why you will love them
- Healthier - Crispy potato slices without having to deep fry. Cooking potato slices in the air fryer means using less oil.
- Quicker - Cooking sliced potatoes in the air fryer is quicker than cooking them in the oven and they get crispier.
- Adaptable - We have used and Italian season blend, but feel free to swap it for your favourite seasoning.
- Versatile - There is SO much that you can do with these air fryer potato slices and you can serve them with pretty much anything. Carry on reading for our serving suggestions.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Potatoes - Any potatoes will work, but some definitely work better than others. Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold are the best potato varieties to get crispy potatoes in the air fryer.
- Oil - This helps the potatoes to get nice and crispy. We used a good quality olive oil.
- Seasoning - We used an Italian herb blend, however you can use your favourite spice and herb blend and we have given some suggestions below.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer potato slices - Step by step
One: Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice into 0.5cm slices. Put into a bowl and add the oil and seasoning. Mix well to coat all the slices.
Two: Put the potato slices into your air fryer.
Three: Cook at 200°C for 16 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
What to serve with Air Fryer Potato Slices
The great thing about these air fryer sliced potatoes are that there are so many different dishes that you can serve them with. Anything that you would serve potatoes with, you can serve with this potato dish. Why not try one of these:
- Oven Cooked Sausages
- Lamb Shish Kebabs
- Salmon Fishcakes
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Easy Hunters Chicken
- Pesto Salmon
- Caprese Chicken
- The BEST Homemade Coleslaw
- Minted Peas
Some kind of dip is a must with these air fryer potato wedges. Why not try our Homemade BBQ Sauce, Jalapeno Sauce or Healthy Tomato Ketchup? We also love dipping potatoes in to our Easy Tartare Sauce.
There are so many different ways that you can season these air fryer potato slices, so pick your favourite seasoning blend. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Salt and pepper - You can keep it classic with some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Lemon pepper - Something a little different to salt and pepper and adds a little bit more freshness, use some lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cayenne and paprika - For a spicy and smoky flavour, add a pinch of cayenne and paprika.
- Cajun seasoning - This is an easy way to add a lot of flavour.
- Garlic powder - You can't go wrong with garlic potatoes.
- Parmesan - A couple of minutes before the sliced potatoes have finished cooking, sprinkle some grated Parmesan in.
Store: Once cooled, any leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can store air fryer potato slices in a zip lock freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Defrost: You can defrost these in the fridge overnight.
Reheat: You can reheat these in the air fryer for about 4 minutes, until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
The key to this recipe is getting nice thin slices of potato. Not too thin though, otherwise they will burn. You can use a knife, or a mandolin. But, PLEASE be careful if using one.
This really depends on your air fryer, how thin you sliced your potatoes and also how crispy you like them. Ours took about 15 minutes in the air fryer, but yours might be quicker or take a bit longer, so keep checking them.
This really depends on the type of potato you have used, as not all potatoes get very crispy. It also depends on how thick you have cut your potatoes.
We can't rate highly enough the Power Air Fryer XL. The 5 litre capacity is big enough for cooking for the whole family and it can fry, grill, bake, sauté, roast and steam. There are simple touch screen controls and it heats up quickly and can cook your food up to 70% faster than a conventional oven. Also, it's dishwasher safe.
• Make sure the shake the potatoes half way through.
• Love cheesy potatoes? Load these with some grated cheese and chopped bacon and put them back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
• To ensure even cooking, make sure that the potatoes are all cut to the same size.
• For super crispy potatoes, soak them in water first and then dry with paper towel. This helps to remove some of the starch.
• You can leave the skin on the potatoes or peel them, it's up to you.
• Don't overfill your air fryer basket, as they won't get crispy. Cook in batches if you need to.
• When mixing the oil and seasoning into the potatoes, use your hands to get everything more evenly distributed.
More potato recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer potato slices recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Potato Slices
- 800 g (1.75 lb) Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice into 0.5cm slices. Put into a bowl and add the oil and seasoning. Mix well to coat all the slices.
- Put the potato slices into your air fryer.
- Cook at 200°C for 16 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- Make sure the shake the potatoes half way through.
- Love cheesy potatoes? Load these with some grated cheese and chopped bacon and put them back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure that the potatoes are all cut to the same size.
- For super crispy potatoes, soak them in water first and then dry with paper towel. This helps to remove some of the starch.
- You can leave the skin on the potatoes or peel them, it's up to you.
- Don't overfill your air fryer basket, as they won't get crispy. Cook in batches if you need to.
- When mixing the oil and seasoning into the potatoes, use your hands to get everything more evenly distributed.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.