Deliciously crispy air fryer diced potatoes in just 20 minutes. They make a delicious side or snack and there are lots of different ways that you can season them. Making diced potatoes in the air fryer couldn't be easier - they are going to be your new go-to side.
Crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. These air fryer diced potatoes are such an easy and delicious side dish that can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Diced potatoes are budget friendly, vegan, adaptable and cooking them in the air fryer means less oil, so they are low in fat too.
If you are looking for some other potato recipes, why not try our Roasted New Potatoes, Air Fryer Potato Slices or The BEST Greek Potatoes?
Why you will love them
- Less oil - You have all of the crispiness of deep fried potatoes, but with much less oil. One of the many reasons we love the air fryer.
- Quicker - These air fryer diced potatoes take just 20-25 minutes (depending on your air fryer), so it's quicker than roasting them and no need to pre-heat your oven.
- Versatile - Is there anything that potatoes can't be served with? We have given lots of suggestions below, including how to serve them for breakfast.
- Adaptable - There are so many different ways that you can flavour these.
- Budget friendly - Potatoes are always a great budget friendly side dish, and with a few seasonings, you can make them really special.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Potatoes - Any potatoes will work, but some definitely work better than others. Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold are the best potato varieties to get crispy potatoes in the air fryer.
- Oil - This helps the potatoes to get nice and crispy. We used a good quality olive oil.
- Seasoning - We used garlic powder, paprika, parsley and salt and pepper. But we have given some options of other seasoning options below.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer diced potatoes - Step by step
One: Put the potatoes, oil, paprika, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper into a bowl (a). Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated (b).
Two: Put the potatoes into your air fryer.
Three: Cook at 190°C for 20-25 minutes.
What to serve with Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
The great thing about these air fryer diced potatoes are that there are so many different dishes that you can serve them with. Anything that you would serve potatoes with, you can serve with this potato dish. Why not try one of these:
- Oven Cooked Sausages
- Air Fryer Steak
- Lamb Shish Kebabs
- Salmon Fishcakes
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Easy Hunters Chicken
- Pesto Salmon
- Caprese Chicken
- The BEST Homemade Coleslaw
- Minted Peas
Some kind of dip is a must with these diced potatoes. Why not try our Homemade BBQ Sauce, Jalapeno Sauce or Healthy Tomato Ketchup? We also love dipping potatoes in to our Easy Tartare Sauce.
If you want to make these into breakfast potatoes, then cook them with some diced onion and bell pepper. When cooked, serve them with Fried Egg, Scrambled Eggs or Poached Eggs.
There are so many different ways that you can season these air fryer diced potatoes, so pick your favourite seasoning blend. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Salt and pepper - You can keep it classic with some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Lemon pepper - Something a little different to salt and pepper and adds a little bit more freshness, use some lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cayenne and paprika - For a spicy and smoky flavour, add a pinch of cayenne and paprika.
- Cajun seasoning - This is an easy way to add a lot of flavour.
- Garlic powder - You can't go wrong with garlic potatoes.
- Parmesan - A couple of minutes before the sliced potatoes have finished cooking, sprinkle some grated Parmesan in.
Store: Once cooled, any leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can store air fryer potatoes in a zip lock freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Defrost: You can defrost these in the fridge overnight.
Reheat: You can reheat these in the air fryer for about 4 minutes, until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes in this recipe. They will cook slightly quicker, so keep an eye on them. They also won't get as crispy.
This really depends on your air fryer, how small you cut your potatoes and also how crispy you like them. Ours took about 20 minutes in the air fryer, but yours might be quicker or take a bit longer, so keep checking them.
This really depends on the type of potato you have used, as not all potatoes get very crispy. It also depends on how big you have cubed your potatoes.
We really can't rate our Ninja Foodi Max Dual highly enough. It has a huge 9.5 litre capacity, it allows you to cook two different things at once and it has 6 different cooking functions. It is 65% more efficient than an oven and uses 75% less fat than traditional cooking. It is also dishwasher safe.
Yes, frozen potatoes can be cooked in the air fryer and they will take about 15-20 minutes.
• Make sure the shake the potatoes half way through.
• Love cheesy potatoes? Load these with some grated cheese and chopped bacon and put them back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
• To ensure even cooking, make sure that the potatoes are all cut to the same size.
• For super crispy potatoes, soak them in water first and then dry with paper towel. This helps to remove some of the starch.
• You can leave the skin on the potatoes or peel them, it's up to you.
• Don't overfill your air fryer basket, as they won't get crispy. Cook in batches if you need to.
• When mixing the oil and seasoning into the potatoes, use your hands to get everything more evenly distributed.
More air fryer recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer potato recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- 350 g (12.5 oz) Potatoes - cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 0.5 tablespoon Paprika
- 0.5 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 0.5 tablespoon Dried parsley
- Put the potatoes, oil, paprika, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated.
- Put the potatoes into your air fryer.
- Cook at 190°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Make sure the shake the potatoes half way through.
- Love cheesy potatoes? Load these with some grated cheese and chopped bacon and put them back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure that the potatoes are all cut to the same size.
- For super crispy potatoes, soak them in water first and then dry with paper towel. This helps to remove some of the starch.
- You can leave the skin on the potatoes or peel them, it's up to you.
- Don't overfill your air fryer basket, as they won't get crispy. Cook in batches if you need to.
- When mixing the oil and seasoning into the potatoes, use your hands to get everything more evenly distributed.
I made these potatoes with dinner last night and they were incredible! Definitely adding to our regular side dish rotation!
Wow perfect crispy potatoes! This is definitely my new go to potato recipe. So much faster than doing them in the oven!
I'll never pass up on making potatoes! Love how easy the air fryer makes this! They came out perfect and a great addition to dinner!
These are perfectly crispy and flavorful potatoes. They make a perfect side dish.
These diced potatoes are so good! Such an easy side dish, thank you!
We love air fryer potatoes in this house! They turn out perfectly every time. The seasoning on these is great!
This is such an easy way to cook up diced potatoes. Great seasoning too.
Such an easy air fryer potato side dish. The whole family love this with fried egg and sausages!
Love potatoes in any form. This air fryer version looks fantastic.
Yes!! These were delicious! I loved the seasonings and cooking them in the air fryer made it so easy while I was cooking the main dish on my stove. Thank you so much!