A delicious way to use up leftover Stilton, this blue cheese dip is perfect with a few crudités as a snack or addition to a party food buffet. A creamy and indulgent dip that can also be turned into blue cheese dressing for salad.
Better than any blue cheese dip that you can buy in a store. A creamy mixture of mayo, yogurt and sour cream with plenty of Stilton crumbled in. SO easy to make in a matter of minutes. Perfect for when you have unexpected visitors.
If you are looking for more blue cheese recipes, why not try our Broccoli and Stilton Soup, Easy Mushroom Tartlets, Blue Cheese Pasta or Chopped Blue Cheese Salad?
Why you will love it
- Uses leftover cheese - This isn't usually a problem in our house, but if you do find yourself with a lot of leftover blue cheese, then this is a great way to use it.
- Quick and easy - This is as easy as mixing everything together in a bowl and serving. So simple.
- Stores well - You can make this in advance and it will keep for up to a week.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Sour cream, Mayonnaise and Greek yogurt - This is where all the creaminess comes from. For the best flavour, use full fat. We added half fat yogurt to ours to make it a big lighter, but you could just use mayo and sour cream.
- Blue cheese - We used Stilton to give this a strong flavour, but you could swap it for Gorgonzola which has a milder flavour.
- Lemon juice and Vinegar - This adds a little acidity and loosens up the dip, which we find is needed. You could swap it for buttermilk if that is what you have.
- Salt and pepper - Generously season.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make blue cheese dip - Step by step
One: Put the mayonnaise, sour cream and Greek yogurt into a bowl. Add the crumbled blue cheese (a). Mix well to combine, mashing down the cheese as you mix (b).
Two: Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Three: Transfer to a bowl, top with a little more crumbled cheese and serve with crudités.
What to serve with Blue Cheese Dip
We love this as a dip with crudités. This is a really indulgent dip, so it balances it out to serve it with some veggies. We went with celery, cucumber and mangetout. But you could also add carrot sticks and bell peppers. We also love dipping homemade chips or some Melba Toast into it.
If you want to serve it in a more indulgent way, then it makes a pretty incredible pizza dip. Why not try our BBQ Chicken Pizza dipped into this? Blue cheese dip and chicken wings are the perfect match, right? Try making our Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings to go with this Stilton dip. You could also dip some Chicken Goujons in it, there are SO many options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftovers will keep covered in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. We don't recommend freezing blue cheese dip, as it does not defrost well.
Yes, you definitely can, you will just need to thin it out. You can do with with milk/buttermilk.
As long as you make sure there is no cross contamination, then this is a gluten free dip.
• For the best flavour, mix everything together a few hours before you are wanting to serve it and keep it covered in the fridge. This really allows all the flavours to come together.
• This is a chunky dip, however if you want a smoother dip, then you can blend it until smooth.
• Add some fresh parsley to lighten up this blue cheese dip.
• If you want to add some crunch, finely chopped spring onions (scallions) work.
More dip recipes
If you’ve tried this blue cheese dip recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Blue Cheese Dip
- 100 g (0.5 cups) Sour cream
- 100 g (0.5 cups) Mayonnaise
- 100 g (0.5 cups) Greek yogurt - half fat
- 60 g (0.5 cups) Blue cheese
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- Put 100 g Mayonnaise, 100 g Sour cream and 100 g Greek yogurt into a bowl. Crumble in 60 g Blue cheese. Mix well to combine, mashing down the cheese as you mix.
- Add 2 tablespoon Lemon juice, 2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar and 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with a little more crumbled cheese and serve with crudités.
- For the best flavour, mix everything together a few hours before you are wanting to serve it and keep it covered in the fridge. This really allows all the flavours to come together.
- This is a chunky dip, however if you want a smoother dip, then you can blend it until smooth.
- Add some fresh parsley to lighten up this blue cheese dip.
- If you want to add some crunch, finely chopped spring onions (scallions) work.
Tasty cheesey dip with blue cheese. Everyone loved snacking on it
Simple and delicious dip recipe. I would love to try it with some chicken wings.
It's so easy to make and full of great blue cheese flavor. I could eat the whole bowl in one sitting. Yummy!
Yum! We love blue cheese and this was spectacular! Great with Buffalo wings :)
Ups! I had to try it out before Xmas to decide if I was making it this dip part of the menu, and the answer is a big YES! It was so good!