This Sparkling Cucumber Water is not only super refreshing and a great way to hydrate, but it will make you think you are at a luxury spa. Sparkling water, slices of juicy cucumber and lemon and sprigs of mint are all you need for this refreshing drink.
We love infused water. Why drink a glass of plain water when you have infuse it with fruit and fresh herbs - it makes it so much easier to drink. Anything that encourages us to stay hydrated gets a big thumbs up from us. It's light, crisp and fizzy. Everything we could want from a refreshing drink.
Why you will love it
- Super refreshing
- Ready in 2 minutes
- A great alternative to fizzy drinks
- Encourages you to drink more water
Step by step
One: Put all the ingredients into a large jug, chill and serve.
Health benefits of cucumber water
I am not going to make any health claims about it being a "detox drink" or anything like that, because they don't actually exist. However, this water tastes great and makes it far easier to drink more water and stay hydrated, so that's always a good thing.
If you are trying to cut back on sugary fizzy drinks or juice, then this is a great way to do it, rather than just swapping for plain water. I fid that drinking more water is great for my skin.
Did you also know that cucumber is a good source of vitamins A, B6, C and K, as well as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
What cucumbers to use
English cucumbers work best for this recipe (the long and thin ones that you will find in most supermarkets). However, you could also use Persian or Kirby Cucumbers in this, which is what we have used in the past when we had an abundance from growing them.
How long does it keep for?
Well, it never lasts very long in our house as we can get through a big jug in a day. However, you could keep a jug of this in the fridge for 3-4 days, but change the cucumber slices every 12 hours or so, as they will lose their flavour after that and the cucumber starts to break up.
• Add some slices of watermelon for extra flavour and juiciness.
• You don't have to use sparkling water, and you could just use tap water instead.
• Try to chill the drink in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the flavours to really come together.
• You can keep this in the fridge for a couple of days, however replace the cucumber slices every 12 hours as they will lose their flavour after that.
More drinks to try
Sparkling Cucumber Water
- 1.5 litre Sparkling water
- 0.5 Cucumber - sliced
- 25 g Fresh mint
- 1 Lemon - sliced
- Put all the ingredients into a large jug.
- Chill and serve.
- Add some slices of watermelon for extra flavour and juiciness.
- You don't have to use sparkling water, and you could just use tap water instead.
- Try to chill the drink in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the flavours to really come together.
- You can keep this in the fridge for a couple of days, however replace the cucumber slices every 12 hours as they will lose their flavour after that.