If you love eggs or are looking for a new healthy breakfast option, then you need to try Air Fryer Boiled Eggs. Although not actually "boiled", you get perfectly cooked eggs in their shell, all done in the air fryer. Whether you like your eggs runny or hard boiled, boiled eggs in the air fryer is the perfect method and it's quicker too.
If you haven't cooked eggs in the air fryer before, then you are seriously missing out. You get perfectly cooked eggs every time, and no need to boil any water first, so this is actually a much quicker method. A totally hands off method, cooking boiled eggs in the air fryer is such a delicious and easy breakfast.
Just put the eggs in the air fryer basket, set the timer and cooked until your desired doneness. Perfectly cooked eggs and easy to peel too.
If you are looking for other ways to use your air fryer, then why not try our Air Fryer Halloumi, Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken, Air Fryer Mushrooms, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts or Air Fryer Whole Chicken?
Why you will love them
- Quick and easy - No need to boil any water to boil eggs, so this actually makes it a quicker method to cook.
- Healthy - This is a healthy method of cooking eggs, as you don't need to use any fat to cook them in.
- Versatile - There are so many ways that you can use an air fryer boiled egg and we have given you lots of options below.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Eggs - This is the only ingredient you need. We used a medium egg and if you use a large egg, then cooking times will vary. High welfare eggs are also important.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer boiled eggs - Step by step
One: Put the eggs into the air fryer. Cook at 200°C for 7 minutes.
Two: Carefully remove from the air fryer and plunge into cold water.
Air Fryer Boiled Egg Cooking Time
You might be wondering how long does it take to boil an egg in the air fryer? Well, it depends on how you like your eggs cooked. We have done a lot of testing on eggs in the air fryer, to give you the timings whether you like a runny dippy egg or air fryer hard boiled eggs.
Soft boiled eggs - If you like runny dippy eggs, that you can dunk your bread soldiers into, then cook them for 7 minutes.
Medium boiled eggs - If you want almost set eggs, with a bit of a jammy yolk, then you will need to cook them for 9 minutes.
Hard boiled eggs - For a hard boiled eggs, with a hard yolk that is ideal for for egg sandwiches or salads, then cook them for 10-11 minutes.
These timings are if you are using a medium sized egg. If you are using large eggs, then timings will vary. All air fryers cook at different rates too, so this might take a couple of tests to get the perfect (for you) cooked egg in your air fryer.
How to serve Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
The great thing about "boiled" eggs is that there are so many different ways to use them. If you are making runny eggs, then put them in egg cups and dip toast into them. Why not try making our Easy White Bread recipe?
If you are more of a fan of hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, then as well as serving it with toast we like to add like to homemade potato salad, or just add it to a big green salad for a protein boost or our Healthy Caesar Salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eggs won't explode in the air fryer as long as you don't cook them at too high a temperature. You might head a cracking noise when they are in the air fryer, but they aren't exploding.
This will depend on how big your air fryer is. We can fit 8 eggs in our basket.
We can't rate highly enough the Power Air Fryer XL. The 5 litre capacity is big enough for cooking for the whole family and it can fry, grill, bake, sauté, roast and steam. There are simple touch screen controls and it heats up quickly and can cook your food up to 70% faster than a conventional oven. Also, it's dishwasher safe.
If you have leftovers, or you are making a big batch for meal prep, then they will store in the fridge for up to a week. If they are still in their shell, then just put them in a container in the fridge. If they are peeled then you will need to store them in cold water and cover. Make sure to change the water daily.
We find that cooking eggs in the air fryer actually makes them much easier to peel. However, it does depend on the eggs you use and how fresh they are - really fresh eggs don't peel as well. We also find that peeling them under water makes it much easier.
• It is best to use eggs that have come to room temperature.
• Make sure you plunge the cooked eggs into cold water, as this stops them from carrying on cooking. But don't leave them in for too long (no longer than 2 minutes) as this will make them hard to peel.
• If your air fryer doesn't have a basket, then use a grill or rack and this will allow the air to circulate around the air fryer.
• You can cook up to 8-12 (depending on the size of your air fryer) eggs at once. This is great for meal prep. Please only try one or two eggs if this is your first time cooking eggs in the air fryer, as it will take some testing to get them to your liking, as they all cook differently.
• You need to make sure there is some space between each egg though, as air fryers work by circulating the air around.
• We don't recommend freezing cooked eggs.
• Some air fryers require preheating first, some don't. Please check if yours does.
More egg recipes
Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
- 4 Eggs - medium
- Put the eggs into the air fryer. Cook at 200°C for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer and plunge into cold water.
- It is best to use eggs that have come to room temperature.
- Make sure you plunge the cooked eggs into cold water, as this stops them from carrying on cooking. But don't leave them in for too long (no longer than 2 minutes) as this will make them hard to peel.
- If your air fryer doesn't have a basket, then use a grill or rack and this will allow the air to circulate around the air fryer.
- You can cook up to 8-12 (depending on the size of your air fryer) eggs at once. This is great for meal prep. Please only try one or two eggs if this is your first time cooking eggs in the air fryer, as it will take some testing to get them to your liking, as they all cook differently.
- You need to make sure there is some space between each egg though, as air fryers work by circulating the air around.
- We don't recommend freezing cooked eggs.
- Some air fryers require preheating first, some don't. Please check if yours does.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.