A delicious Greek Meze platter that is filled with fresh pita bread, chicken skewers, cheese, dips fries and vegetables. It's a real crowd pleaser and perfect for entertaining. Quick and easy to make, but it looks super impressive.
Think about all your favourite Greek flavours, all presented beautifully on a board. A little bit of everything and a great way to start a party. The great thing about a lot of the dishes that make up this mezze board, is that they can be prepared in advance and then the platter of food can be made up when your guests arrive.
If you are looking for some other platter recipes to serve to your guests, why not try our Vegetarian Charcuterie Board, Antipasto Platter, Tapas Platter or Grazing Platter?
Why you will love it
- Adaptable - Anything goes on this platter. Feel free to adapt with your favourite meat, cheese and vegetables.
- Can be made in advance - You can make things like the dips in advance and keep them in the fridge. You could also marinate the chicken in advance and slice up all the vegetables.
- Can be scaled up or down - If you are making this for a lot of people, then I would suggest bulking it out with pita bread (also know as the Greek spoon) as it's cheaper.
What is Mezze?
Mezze (or Meze depending on where you are) is a selection of small savoury dishes that is usually served alongside drinks - it's basically Greek tapas.
They can be cold or hot and usually include meat, cheese, olives, dips, breads and vegetables. Which is why you find all of these, and a selection of hot and cold, on this mezze platter. If you can serve it in bite sized portions then it can be part of a meze.
- Dips - We kept it classic with some plain hummus (although you could use flavoured), tzatziki and some whipped feta.
- Meat - We stuck with one meat and added some Greek chicken skewers.
- Vegetables/salad - We added cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, artichoke, olives and Greek potatoes.
- Cheese - It had to be halloumi. The saltiness goes so well with all the other flavours.
- Bread - We went with traditional pita bread, but flatbreads work well too. We prefer soft and fluffy bread over something crunchy like crackers. You could even use our Easy Melba Toast.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
What can go on a Greek Meze Platter?
The great thing about this mezze board is that it's so adaptable. Whatever your favourite Greek appetisers are, add them to the board. We are giving you lots of suggestions, including what we put on the board in the picture, so you can pick and choose what works for you.
- Greek meatballs
- Lamb Souvlaki
- Grilled calamari
- Greek Chicken Skewers
- Stuffed vine leaves
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Roasted aubergine
- Greek Potatoes
- Tomatoes (and sun-dried tomatoes)
- Roasted Chickpeas
Dips and spreads
- Baba ganoush
- Whipped Feta
- Pita bread
- Homemade flatbread
Frequently Asked Questions
This is all best eaten straight away (or over a couple of hours as your guests graze and enjoy drinks). So try to make only as much as you need. However, if you do have leftovers then they will store in the fridge in air tight containers until the next day.
Yes, this can be adapted to be vegetarian or vegan. Go through all the suggestion above and bulk out your mezze platter with ingredients that are naturally vegetarian or vegan and then look at ways to adapt others. You can use a plant based yogurt to make tzatziki for example.
No, not at all. You can get some really good supermarket options now, or even head to your local deli. Buy some fresh pita bread to save a lot of time, and you can also buy all the dips and things like olives. Making the chicken skewers yourself is best I think.
There is no right or wrong way to do this. However put all the dips in small bowls and space them out on your board and then fill in all the spaces with the other food.
• Drizzle everything with a little olive oil before serving. It will really add to the Greek flavours.
• A little chopped fresh mint on top will really lighten it all up too.
• There is no right or wrong way to serve this, however serving it all on on giant board is best, rather than serving it in lots of little dishes and plates.
• Use as many different colour ingredients as possible and evenly spread the colours across the platter.
• Make sure all the vegetables are cut into sticks to make them easier for dipping.
More Greek recipes
If you’ve tried this Greek Mezze recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Greek Meze Platter
- 1 recipe Greek chicken skewers
- 6 Pitta bread
- 1 recipe Greek potatoes
- 1 Cucumber - sliced
- 20 Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 150 g (1 cups) Mixed marinated olives
- 250 g (1.25 cups) Marinated artichokes
- 1 recipe roasted red peppers
- 200 g (0.75 cups) hummus
- 1 recipe tzatziki
- 1 recipe whipped feta
- 225 g (8 oz) Halloumi - sliced and grilled
- Prepare and cook the Greek potatoes.1 recipe Greek potatoes
- Prepare and cook the chicken skewers.1 recipe Greek chicken skewers
- Prepare and cook the roasted red peppers.1 recipe roasted red peppers
- Make the tzatziki.1 recipe tzatziki
- Make the whipped feta.1 recipe whipped feta, 6 Pitta bread
- Grill the halloumi.225 g Halloumi
- Slice the cucumber and tomatoes.1 Cucumber, 20 Cherry tomatoes
- Arrange everything on a large serving board with the olives, artichokes and hummus.150 g Mixed marinated olives, 250 g Marinated artichokes, 200 g hummus
- Drizzle everything with a little olive oil before serving. It will really add to the Greek flavours.
- A little chopped fresh mint on top will really lighten it all up too.
- There is no right or wrong way to serve this, however serving it all on on giant board is best, rather than serving it in lots of little dishes and plates.
- Use as many different colour ingredients as possible and evenly spread the colours across the platter.
- Make sure all the vegetables are cut into sticks to make them easier for dipping.
A perfect appetizer for some football watching this weekend.
Such a fantastic platter! Everything looks absolutely amazing and I love all those flavors, especially with the addition of the halloumi.
That looks so gorgeous and delicious too! What a great thing to have when friends come round.
All of my favourite food in on one board! Love Greek food and the whipped feta dip sounds delicious!
Yum, we made this when we had guests as a grazing platter. Everyone loved it! The potatoes and chicken were a huge hit! Great idea!
I love ALL the things on this platter! Give me this mezze platter and a glass of wine and I'm a happy camper! So good - great tips, too!
Oh what a beautiful platter! Perfect for a party - will definitely be recreating this soon. Thank you!
I'm always looking for different appetizers to serve at parties, and this platter is next on my list! Oh my goodness does this look amazing!
This looks gorgeous! I'm having some friends over this weekend and was trying to figure out what I want to make. I think I know now!
Everyone loved this Greek Maze Platter with the hummus, chicken kabobs, and all the other amazing foods.
I loved everything on this platter! Such a great idea for entertaining!
Whipped this up for a neighborhood get-together and it was a huge hit, thanks!
Oh yum! All the best things on one pretty platter!
WOW! COlorful and delicious meze platter. Thanks for sharing.
This Greek platter is an excellent crowd pleaser indeed. Everything looked and tasted amazing, loved it, thanks!
Lovely platter! We had some friends over in the afternoon yesterday and put a version of this meze together to snack on and everyone was super impressed! Great selection of delicious Greek food!
This is my idea of heaven. Can't resist halloumi and all of those flavours. So pretty to serve too.