Deliciously thick and fudgy chocolate brownies with chunks of Kinder Bueno mixed through. The whole family will LOVE these. These gooey Kinder Bueno Brownies are really easy to make and if you love indulgent chocolate recipes, then this is definitely one for you.
These intensely chocolatey brownies are perfectly fudgy, but with little chunky bits from the Kinder Bueno stuffed inside and with an extra layer on top too.
If you don't already know, Kinder Bueno bars are a hazelnut cream filled chocolate bar with with a chocolate coated wafer shell and they are SO delicious. They are the perfect addition to a homemade brownie.
If you are looking for some other brownie recipes, then why not try our No Bake Brownies or Healthy Chocolate Raspberry Brownies.
Why you will love them
- Perfect brownies - These are the best, perfectly fudgy brownies. You never need to buy a brownie again.
- For Kinder Bueno lovers - Kinder Bueno bars are totally not just for kids (although they do love them). So, if you are a fan, then these brownies are for you.
- Freeze well - These freeze so well, so don't worry about being tempted to eat the whole pan. Freeze in individual portions and then get one out as and when you want.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Dark chocolate - Use the best quality dark chocolate you can, as you will be able to taste the difference. We used a 70% dark chocolate for a really intense chocolate flavour.
- Butter - We used unsalted butter for this recipe. It can be cold from the fridge, as it is going to be melted anyway.
- Sugar - Using light brown sugar gives a wonderful rich flavour to these brownies and makes them extra fudgy. You could use caster sugar instead though.
- Eggs - We used medium sized eggs and make sure they are room temperature before baking.
- Flour - We used plain flour. To make these gluten free, swap it for your favourite brand of gluten free flour.
- Cocoa powder - Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder. We like the Green & Blacks one.
- Vanilla - This adds a real depth of flavour to the Kinder Brownies. It does to sweet dishes when salt does to savoury and really brings out the sweetness.
- Kinder Bueno bars - This is the star ingredient. You will need 3 packs of twin Bueno bars for these Kinder Brownies. 2 packs to be mixed in to the brownie batter and then one pack to go on top.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make Kinder Bueno Brownies - Step by step
Prep: Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 25x20cm (10x8") baking tray with baking paper.
One: Place the chocolate (for the batter) and butter into a microwave safe bowl (a). Heat in the microwave until fully melted (b). Alternatively, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and melt.
Two: In a separate bowl, add the brown sugar and eggs (a). Whisk together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy (b).
Three: Pout the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture (a). Fold together very gently (b).
Four: Add the flour and cocoa powder to the mixture.
Five: Carefully fold in the flour and cocoa (a). Add the two packs of Kinder Bueno pieces and the remaining chocolate chunks. Carefully mix again (b).
Six: Pour the batter into the lined baking tray (a) and top with more Bueno pieces (b).
Seven: Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The brownies will seem uncooked when removed from the oven, but they will continue to cook in the tray.
• If you want to continue with the hazelnut theme, then you can put a drizzle of melted Nutella on top of the brownies before serving.
• When beating the eggs and sugar, make sure to beat it until it doubles in size.
• When adding the flour and cocoa, fold it in very gently. Do not over-mix, otherwise the brownies will be too dense.
• Let the brownies cool before serving. I would recommend putting them in the fridge for a couple of hours (or even overnight) before cutting.
• Make sure your eggs are room temperature before baking.
• Make sure to line your tin with grease proof paper so the brownies come out easily.
Store: Store these brownies in an air tight container and keep them in a dark place and they will keep for 4 days. We personally like to keep them in the fridge as I like cold brownies.
Freeze: Once fully cooled, cut the brownies into pieces and then individually wrap them and put them in a freezer bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Defrost: You can defrost these at room temperature.
Reheat: If you want these Kinder Bueno Brownies warm, heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get that perfectly fudgy texture (remember, these are Kinder brownies, not cake), then they need to be a little under baked. Then, once fully cooled put them in the fridge overnight before cutting and serving.
We have used a 10x8 inch tin to make these Bueno Brownies. If you used a bigger tin then you would have thinner brownies. You will also need to reduce the cooking time.
As mentioned above, you need to under-bake theses Kinder Bueno Brownies a little so they have the perfect fudgy texture. We bake these for 25 minutes and they are the perfect texture, but it will depend on your oven. If you don't like your brownies with a gooey centre, then cook them for 30 minutes. No longer though, as you will end up with cakes and not brownies. Stick a skewer in, and it will still have batter on it.
If you didn't use dark chocolate, then these Kinder Bueno Brownies may be too sweet. Even if you don't usually like dark chocolate, still use it as it makes the best brownies.
More chocolate recipes
If you’ve tried these Kinder Bueno Brownies, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - You can use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Kinder Bueno Brownies
For the brownie batter:
- 150 g (5.25 oz) Chocolate - dark; broken into chunks
- 200 g (0.88 cups) Butter
- 3 Egg - large
- 275 g (1.25 cups) Light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100 g (0.75 cups) Plain flour
- 50 g (0.66 cups) Cocoa powder
- 2 pack Kinder Bueno bars - (43g pack)
- 50 g (1.75 oz) Chocolate - Dark; broken into chunks
- 1 pack Kinder Bueno bars - (43g pack)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C(fan)/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 25x20cm (10x8") baking tray with baking paper.
- Place 150 g Chocolate and 200 g Butter into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until fully melted. Alternatively, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and melt.
- In a separate bowl, add 275 g Light brown sugar and 3 Egg. Whisk together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Pout the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture with 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract. Fold together very gently.
- Add 100 g Plain flour and 50 g Cocoa powder to the mixture.
- Carefully fold in the flour and cocoa. Add 2 pack Kinder Bueno bars and 50 g Chocolate. Carefully mix again.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and top with 1 pack Kinder Bueno bars.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The brownies will seem uncooked when removed from the oven, but they will continue to cook in the tray.
- If you want to continue with the hazelnut theme, then you can put a drizzle of melted Nutella on top of the brownies before serving.
- When beating the eggs and sugar, make sure to beat it until it doubles in size.
- When adding the flour and cocoa, fold it in very gently. Do not over-mix, otherwise the brownies will be too dense.
- Let the brownies cool before serving. I would recommend putting them in the fridge for a couple of hours (or even overnight) before cutting.
- Make sure your eggs are room temperature before baking.
- Make sure to line your tin with grease proof paper so the brownies come out easily.
My daughter was so excited and happy when I made these brownies for her. She is a fan of these brownies now.
These brownies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. Yummy!
My kids and I loved these brownies! Kinder Bueno is the best and adding them to the brownies just makes them so special!
This was such a hit! Thank you for loving all the ingredients, can’t wait to try this!
Ooh my kids are going to LOVE these - big kinder bueno fans here.... what a great idea!
It looks so delicious and easy! This is such an easy and delicious recipe, I cannot wait to make it again!
Thanks for such a creative recipe! I made this yesterday with the kids, and it was a hit!! I could never have thought to put kinder Bueno in brownies, just wow!
I made these brownies last night and they were amazing! My whole family loved them and I will definitely be making them often!
Oh how fun! You had me at deliciously thick and fudgy chocolate brownies. They will be such a hit with my family.
The best chocolatey brownies to make! Saving this recipe for the future too!
I love Kinder Bueno! They sound perfect for extra special brownies. Yum!
How clever! And yummy! We loved this recipe. The brownies came out the most wonderful texture and were easy to whip up. Thanks!
These brownies look the perfect fudgy texture. My kids love Kinder Bueno, so I'll be giving these a try soon!
Wow! These scrumptious, chocolatey, fudgy, Kinder Bueno brownies are calling my name.
Kinder Buenos were one of my favorite chocolate bars as a kid so these brownies sound amazing!