A Pineapple Ice Lolly is the perfect refreshing summer treat that never fails to cool me down on a hot day. The refreshing and tropical taste of pineapple combined with coconut milk and then frozen in lolly moulds. So quick and simple to make with just 2 ingredients and a summer staple!
If your family are anything like mine, then in the summer they are asking for fruit ice lollies or ice creams all day. We always have loads of homemade ice lollies in the freezer, as they are much healthier and not to mention cheaper. These pineapple lollies are one of our favourite, because they are so tropical.
If you're looking for a fun and easy way to beat the heat without too much sugar this summer, try making this ice lolly recipe at home. It's a simple recipe that requires only two ingredients and is ready in 2 minutes (not including freezing time).
Ingredients and substitutions
- Pineapple - You can use fresh, canned or even frozen pineapple to make this ice lolly recipe.
- Coconut milk - For the best flavour, use full fat coconut milk. You can use reduced fat, but it won't be as creamy. Make sure to really shake the can before opening.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make pineapple ice lollies - Step by step
One: Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
Two: Pour into ice lolly moulds and freeze for at least 5 hours.
Sweet - The pineapple gives these fruit lollies a lovely natural sweetness, but they are not overly sweet. If you wanted them to be sweeter, then you could add some honey or maple syrup. Taste the liquid before pouring it into the moulds and you can always sweeten it to taste.
Indulgent - To make this more indulgent, you could swap half the coconut milk for condensed milk.
Fruit - If you wanted some added texture, then you can add some finely diced chunks of pineapple to the moulds. You could also use mango instead of pineapple.
Boozy - For the adults, why not make a boozy pina colada version? Add a splash of rum before freezing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any will work here, but the amount of liquid needed to fill each mould will vary. Here are the Ice Lolly Moulds that we used. We like silicone moulds, as they don't crack like plastic ones, making them more durable and they are easier to get the frozen lollies out of.
A pineapple ice lolly is not only delicious but also a healthy alternative to other sugary desserts. Pineapple is a great source of vitamin C, which helps boost the immune system and promotes healthy skin. It also contains bromelain, an enzyme that aids in digestion and reduces inflammation in the body. So, not only does it taste good, but it's also good for you!
These pineapple ice lollies will keep in the freezer for up to a month.
Yes, as these are made with coconut milk, they are vegan. They are also gluten free too.
More dessert recipes
Pineapple ice Lolly
- 200 g (1.25 cups) Fresh pineapple - Cut into chunks
- 200 ml (0.75 cups) Coconut milk
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into lolly moulds and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- If using larger lolly moulds, the mixture may take longer to freeze.
- If you have any mixture that doesn't fit into the moulds, then you can just drink it like a smoothie.
- For some added texture, you can add some finely chopped pineapple.
- You don't have to use pineapple. Other tropical fruits like mango and papaya work well.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.