Pulled Pork Tacos are a real crowd pleaser. The combination of tender, juicy slow cooked pork with fresh, zingy toppings all in a soft tortilla wrap is simply irresistible. Easy to adapt and ready in minutes as we use leftover pulled pork that we always have stashed in our freezer - we have given the recipe for that too.
One of the great things about pulled pork tacos is their versatility. You can mix and match different toppings and sauces to create your own unique flavour combinations.
Whether you prefer a classic salsa and guacamole combo or something a little more unusual like pickled red onions or pineapple chunks, the possibilities are endless. Plus, they're easy to make too and ready in minutes.
Looking for more taco recipes? Why not try our easy Salmon Tacos, simple Fish Tacos or spicy Beef Barbacoa Tacos?
Ingredients and substitutions
- Pulled pork - This is the star of the tacos. We used leftovers from our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, which we always have portioned out in bags in our freezer, making these SO quick to make.
- Soft tacos - You could use hard tacos shells, but the soft ones are our favourite. We used corn tacos, as they are our favourite.
- Slaw mix - This adds some lovely crunch and colour to the tacos with pulled pork. We used a store bought slaw mix to make this super quick and easy, but you could use the vegetables from our Best Coleslaw recipe.
- Pickled red onions - These are just the best topping for tacos. A lovely sweet and sour flavour combo and all that colour. You can buy them jarred or make your own pickled red onions.
- Coriander (cilantro) - Some fresh coriander adds a lovely freshness to the tacos.
- Feta - This is always our go-to cheese for tacos. It adds a little creaminess.
- Lime - A little squeeze of fresh lime before serving really lightens up these pork tacos.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make pulled pork tacos - Step by step
One: Divide the slaw between the corn tacos.
Two: Divide the pulled pork between them (see below for heating instructions).
Three: Add the red onions.
Four: Finish with feta, coriander (cilantro) and a squeeze of lime juice.
Slow cooker pulled pork
We used leftovers from our slow cooker pulled pork for this recipe. You can make up pulled pork from fresh for this recipe if you prefer. But, we always have portions of pulled pork in our freezer to make this pulled pork taco recipe in just 5 minutes.
You can add the leftover pulled pork to the tacos cold, but you can also heat it up in a frying pan with a little BBQ sauce to loosen it up and make sure it isn't dry.
These pulled pork tacos are pretty epic and filling in themselves, but they are also great for feeding a crowd with a few sides.
Why not add some tortilla chips with our Air Fryer Tortilla Chips or Baked Tortilla Chips and a big batch of Guacamole or Restaurant Style Salsa?
If you want something a little more filling, that potatoes are a good way to go. Our Peri Peri Fries or Salt and Pepper Chips work well with these. You could also serve them with Spanish Rice or Air Fryer Corn on the Cob.
You also can't go wrong with a big side salad like our Rocket Salad or Watercress Salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pork shoulder is the best for this. We have included all the tips in our pulled pork recipe.
Yes, you can make the pulled pork and the pickled onions in advance, and then you all you need to do is assemble the tacos.
If you use corn tortillas and make sure there is no cross contamination, then these can be gluten free.
• Diced avocado is another great addition to these tacos.
• To warm the tortillas, heat a dry pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Alternatively, you can wrap the tortillas in foil and heat them in the oven at 180°C/160°C(fan)/350°F/Gas 4 for 10 minutes.
• These are best served and eaten straight away.
• Make sure you have the pickled red onions made ahead of time to make this even easier.
• Don't go too heavy on sauce in these tacos, as you don't want them to be soggy.
More pork recipes
If you’ve tried this pulled pork taco recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 4 Corn tacos
- 160 g (5.5 oz) Pulled pork
- 130 g (2 cups) Slaw
- 75 g (0.5 cups) Pickled red onions
- 5 g (0.33 cups) Fresh coriander (cilantro) - finely chopped
- 50 g (0.33 cups) Feta - crumbled
- 1 Lime - juice only
- Divide 130 g Slaw between 4 Corn tacos.
- Divide 160 g Pulled pork between them.
- Add 75 g Pickled red onions.
- Finish with 50 g Feta, 5 g Fresh coriander (cilantro) and the juice of 1 Lime.
- Diced avocado is another great addition to these tacos.
- To warm the tortillas, heat a dry pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Alternatively, you can wrap the tortillas in foil and heat them in the oven at 180°C/160°C(fan)/350°F/Gas 4 for 10 minutes.
- These are best served and eaten straight away.
- Make sure you have the pickled red onions made ahead of time to make this even easier.
- Don't go too heavy on sauce in these tacos, as you don't want them to be soggy.
So delicious! I loved everything about these tacos, but the pickled red onion was a total hit! Don't skip them!
This is a certified crowd pleaser!! SO tasty and flavorful! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Such a great idea for tacos! I am just loving that crunchy slaw on top. :)
These quick, easy and delicious pulled pork tacos are great for a summer picnic or party.
Oooh, these tacos look so good. You had me at tender, juicy slow cooked pork. Such a wonderful combination of flavors.
These tacos look very delicious. I love the bright color!
Everyone at my house loved it! I will definitely make it again! Thanks!
These tacos have such a wonderful flavor with the feta, lime, and pickled onions combined with the pulled pork.
I am loving all the flavors and textures in these pulled pork tacos. They make a fantastic meal on a busy weeknight.
These tacos are amazing. I love the combination of toppings, they taste like they’re straight from restaurant!
We really like this recipe. Never knew it was this easy to make. Will be trying without further delay!