These Air Fryer Chicken Tacos are ready in under 20 minutes and are made using our easy chicken tenders recipe, smothered in an incredible honey and buffalo sauce. Layered on top of slaw and then smothered with ranch dressing and some feta.
About these air fryer chicken tacos
Tacos don't get much easier than this and making chicken tacos in the air fryer gives you the most perfectly crispy chicken, but much healthier and you use less oil. So many different ways to adapt these with your favourite taco fillings so you can have something different every time.
Air Fryer Tacos are a total game changer. No need to turn the oven on, perfect results every time and good for cooking in small batches too. Forget Taco Tuesday - you will want to eat these air fryer chicken tacos every day of the week.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chicken, Flour, Egg, Cornflakes and Seasoning - We used our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders in this recipe and these are the ingredients for them. We then just coated them with the honey buffalo sauce. You could also Air Fry Chicken Breast and shred that up to us.
- Buffalo sauce - Franks is my personal choice.
- Honey - You can swap this for maple syrup if you prefer.
- Mini tortillas - You can use corn or flour tortillas.
- Lettuce - Something crunchy like romaine or little gem works.
- Cheese - We like feta as it's nice and creamy.
- Sauce - We used ranch dressing, as it goes well with the honey and buffalo sauce. But any creamy sauce works.
- Coriander (cilantro) - Sprinkle over before serving.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer chicken tacos - Step by step
One: In a small bowl, combine the Buffalo sauce and honey.
Two: Cook the chicken according to our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe. Remember to preheat the air fryer if your brand of air fryer requires that.
Three: Once cooked, brush the chicken with the honey Buffalo sauce.
Four: Cook at 200°C for 2 minutes.
Five: Assemble your tacos with the mini tortillas, lettuce, slaw and the cooked chicken.
Six: Drizzle over the ranch dressing and crumble over the feta. Finish off by sprinkling over the chopped coriander (cilantro). Don't forget a squeeze of lime before serving, as it really freshens the tacos up.
The great thing about tacos is that there are so many different things you can load them with. When it comes to slaw, why not try our Mexican Coleslaw for a punch of flavour or our No Mayo Coleslaw if you want something a bit lighter?
The chicken tenders are coated in the most incredible honey and buffalo sauce combination, but we like to add a creamy sauce to cool it down and balance it out. We used our Healthy Ranch Dressing, but a coriander (cilantro) lime yogurt would be good too.
More air fryer chicken recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer chicken taco recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Chicken Tacos (Honey Buffalo)
- 360 g (12.5 oz) Chicken breast
- 1 Egg - whisked
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 50 g (1.75 cups) Cornflakes - crushed
- 2 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 50 ml (0.25 cups) Buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 4 Mini tortilla wraps
- 100 g (1.5 cups) Iceberg lettuce - shredded
- 100 g (1.5 cups) Slaw
- 20 g (0.25 cups) Feta
- 4 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 10 g (0.5 cups) Fresh coriander (cilantro) - chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the 50 ml Buffalo sauce and 2 tablespoon Honey.
- Using 360 g Chicken breast, 1 Egg, 2 tablespoon Flour, 50 g Cornflakes and 2 tablespoon Mexican seasoning, cook the chicken according to our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe.
- Once cooked, brush the chicken with the honey Buffalo sauce.
- Cook at 200°C for 2 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos with 4 Mini tortilla wraps, 100 g Iceberg lettuce, 100 g Slaw and the cooked chicken.
- Drizzle over 4 tablespoon Ranch dressing and crumble over 20 g Feta. Finish off by sprinkling over 10 g Fresh coriander (cilantro).
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.