When the pizza cravings hit, why not make these Easy Tortilla Pizzas? Just 6 ingredients and ready in just over 10 minutes. All of your favourite pizza toppings, but using a tortilla wrap as a pizza crust. Kids will love topping their own pizzas, making it the perfect quick and easy lunch to make when everyone wants something different. All that delicious taste of pizza, but healthier and quicker.
Pizza always gets a big thumbs up in our house. Whether it's homemade, takeaway, served on toast, bagel or wrap - we love all kinds of pizza! But when you want something quick and easy or when your kids are demanding another snack, these Tortilla Pizzas hit the spot.
Quick and easy and so adaptable with your favourite pizza toppings too. Just spread your pizza sauce on a large tortilla wrap, add the toppings and cheese and then cook in the oven until golden and crispy. We like to set up a little pizza toppings bar and let everyone get involved. It's a great way to get the kids started in the kitchen.
- Tortilla wraps - We like to use a wholewheat tortilla wrap for extra fibre. You could use a white one if you prefer though. We wouldn't recommend using corn as it doesn't crisp up the same. Use a large wrap for a filling portion, but you can make mini pizzas with mini tortilla wraps that you would use for tacos. You could use our Homemade Tortilla Wraps too if you wanted to make everything from scratch.
- Passata - This is what we used as a pizza sauce, but you could use tomato puree instead. We have given some options for alternatives below too.
- Italian seasoning - If you are just using plain passata for your pizza sauce, then adding some Italian seasoning will add lots of extra flavour. You could just use some dried oregano or basil though.
- Garlic - Along with the Italian seasoning we added some garlic granules, but you could use freshly crushed garlic which would give the tortilla pizzas more of a garlic flavour.
- Cheese - We used a mature cheddar and some light mozzarella.
- Tomatoes - Add some extra freshness with some slices of cherry tomato. You could use sun-dried tomatoes instead, which would have more of an intense tomato flavour.
- Rocket (arugula) - This is an easy way to add some greens before it is served and make it look a bit fancy.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make tortilla pizza - Step by step
One: Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. In a small bowl mix together the passata, garlic and Italian seasoning.
Two: Spread the sauce over the tortilla wraps.
Three: Add the cheddar, sliced tomatoes and then mozzarella.
Four: Cook for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is golden.
Five: Serve topped with the rocket (arugula) and a drizzle of oil (optional).
Why should you try it?
- Quick and easy pizza - This tortilla pizza takes just a couple of minutes to prepare and all you need to do is add the pizza sauce and toppings. So easy!
- Adaptable - Everyone has their own pizza topping favourites, so feel free to add whatever you like. get everyone to make their own so everyone can have exactly the pizza they want.
- Lower in calories - Compared to takeaway pizza or even store bought this is a much lower calorie option for when those pizza cravings hit.
The great thing about these tortilla pizzas is that they are so easy to adapt. Although there are lots of different topping options, you want to make sure that you don't overload the pizzas, as it will make them very difficult to pick up and eat. Too many toppings also means that the pizza won't cook evenly and the toppings will be undercooked and the base will be burnt. So, go easy on the toppings! Here are some of our favourite variations:
Pizza sauce - We used some passata with garlic and herbs mixed into it, however if you wanted something quicker then you can just add some tomato puree. You could make our Easy Pizza Sauce if you wanted something a little more special. If you want even more flavour, then use a good quality BBQ sauce for the pizza sauce. You could even use Pesto as the base.
Meat - We kept this vegetarian, but if you wanted to add meat then there are lots of options. You could use chopped ham, leftover shredded chicken, cooked sausage, pepperoni, bacon, chorizo or prawns.
Vegetables - There are so many ways that you can give a vegetable boost to these tortilla pizzas. We added some slices of cherry tomato for colour, but you could also add sweetcorn, chopped spinach, diced mushrooms, grated courgette (zucchini), sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red pepper, olives, artichokes, or onions. You could also add pineapple, but it's not a vegetable and it also causes a lot of arguments when it comes to pizza!
Cheese - We have used a mature cheddar and mozzarella, but other cheese that works well includes Stilton, feta, Parmesan or Swiss.
If you wanted a lower calorie version of this, you could swap the large tortilla wraps for mini tortilla wraps (soft tacos).
Give these tortilla pizzas a nutrient boost by adding chopped spinach or kale.
What to serve with Tortilla Pizzas
These tortilla pizzas are best eaten immediately. However, if you do have leftovers then they can be wrapped in foil and stored in the fridge for 2 days. You can then either reheat them in the oven or an air fryer for 5 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a reduced fat cheese to make them lower in calories. These are lighter than a takeaway pizza and you can also add lots of vegetables to make them more nutrient dense.
As long as you use gluten free tortilla wraps and make sure there is no cross contamination, these can be gluten free.
If you use vegan cheese and make sure the tortilla wraps are vegan too, then yes these can be.
These take 8-10 minutes in the oven, but that depends on your oven and also it depends on how many toppings you put on.
Yes, you can microwave it for 60 seconds, but you won't get the same crispy crust like you would by cooking it in the oven.
Yes, you can cook this in the air fryer. You can cook at 200°C for 5 minutes. Just use cheese and tomato toppings for this method though, otherwise it will be too heavy to get out of the air fryer.
Yes, you can make these a couple of hours in advance and then keep them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
• For extra flavour, you can add a pinch of dried oregano on top of the cheese before the tortilla pizzas before they go into the oven, or you can sprinkle them with fresh chopped basil before serving.
• Add some extra flavour to the pizza sauce by mixing in some BBQ sauce or hot sauce with the passata.
• We drizzled some olive oil over the pizza before serving, but you could leave that out.
• Like some spice on your pizza? Sprinkle over some red chilli flakes before serving.
• The key to being able to eat this pizza is not adding too many toppings, otherwise it will be too heavy to pick up.
More pizza recipes
Do you want to be kept up to date on more delicious posts like this? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds).
Click here to sign up.
If you’ve tried this tortilla pizza recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, then let us know how you got on in the comments below - we love hearing from you!
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - we love sharing photos when people make our recipes. You can use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Don't forget to rate the recipe ↓
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 2 tablespoon passata
- 0.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic granules
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 80 g light mozzarella torn
- 40 g reduced fat cheddar grated
- 10 g rocket (arugula)
- oil (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. In a small bowl mix together the passata, garlic and Italian seasoning.2 tablespoon passata, 0.5 teaspoon garlic granules, 0.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spread the sauce over the tortilla wraps.2 tortilla wraps
- Add the cheddar, sliced tomatoes and then mozzarella.6 cherry tomatoes, 40 g reduced fat cheddar, 80 g light mozzarella
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is golden.
- Serve topped with the rocket (arugula) and a drizzle of oil (optional).10 g rocket (arugula), oil
- For extra flavour, you can add a pinch of dried oregano on top of the cheese before the tortilla pizzas before they go into the oven, or you can sprinkle them with fresh chopped basil before serving.
- Add some extra flavour to the pizza sauce by mixing in some BBQ sauce or hot sauce with the passata.
- We drizzled some olive oil over the pizza before serving, but you could leave that out.
- Like some spice on your pizza? Sprinkle over some red chilli flakes before serving.
- The key to being able to eat this pizza is not adding too many toppings, otherwise it will be too heavy to pick up.