These easy Flatbread Pizzas are ready in just 10 minutes and that includes to time it takes to make your own light and fluffy homemade flatbreads. If you are using ready made flatbreads, then this flatbread pizza recipe is ready in just 5 minutes. Easy to adapt with your favourite toppings, they are perfect for a quick pizza fix and kids LOVE them.
These are pizzas that the whole family will love. So easy to make, that kids can even help make the flatbreads and top their own pizzas. We have provided lots of ideas for different toppings too.
Pizza flatbread is perfect for when you want a home cooked meal, but don't have much time in the kitchen. We have included the recipe to make the flatbreads, because they are just 3 ingredients and only take 5 minutes to make.
- Flour - We used self raising flour, as it helps to get these homemade flatbread nice and fluffy.
- Baking powder - To get that extra rise out of the flatbreads and make them fluffy and pillowy soft, we added some baking powder.
- Yogurt - There is no oil or water in these flatbreads, just yogurt. We used a 0% fat natural yogurt.
- Pizza sauce - We used a mixture of tomato puree and BBQ sauce, but you can use leftover marinara or a jar of pizza sauce if you prefer. We also have our own Pizza Sauce recipe.
- Cheese - A mixture of cheddar and mozzarella works well for a melty top and then we finish with some goats cheese.
- Vegetables - The topping options are almost endless here, and we have added our favourite ones below.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make flatbread pizza - Step by step
Prep: Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C(fan)/400°F/Gas 6.
One: Add the yogurt and baking powder to the flour in a bowl (a). Mix well until it forms a sticky dough (b).
Two: Tip it out onto a floured worktop and knead. Roll out to about 8 inches. You may need to add a little more flour if it is too sticky.
Three: Put the flatbreads in a hot pan (no oil needed) and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until puffed up.
Four: Add the sauce to the flatbread.
Five: Add the toppings and put into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
You can't beat homemade bread, you really can't. And it doesn't need to be complicated with our easy homemade flatbreads. Soft, chewy and pillowy flatbreads that are delicious stacked high with pizza toppings. All you need is self raising flour, baking powder and yogurt and 5 minutes later they are done and ready to top.
You could use store bought flatbread to make these flatbread pizzas, and then they only need 5 minutes in the oven for the toppings to cook and the cheese to melt. You can also use pita bread or naan too.
The great thing about make your own flatbread is, you can make it as thick or as thin as you like. Everyone disagrees when it comes to a thick or thin pizza base. So, if you like a thin base, roll it out more. If you love a thick chewy base, then leave it thicker. The choice is yours!
The sauce that goes directly on the base can really make or break a pizza. It might seem like a bit of a non-ingredient, but it really does add so much flavour. You could use a really good quality store bought pizza sauce, but it is worth making your own and we have a few options.
You could smother your homemade flatbreads with our Easy Tomato Pasta Sauce, which is a great way to use it up if you have some left over from pasta night. Or, you could do what we did with this recipe and use a couple of tablespoons of tomato puree (tomato paste) and mix it with your favourite BBQ sauce. Or why not make our Healthier Homemade BBQ Sauce. You can even use ketchup if you are really in a rush.
The great thing about pizzas is that you can top them with almost anything. Meat, vegetables, cheese, the options are endless. With these flatbread pizzas being individual sized, everyone can top their own so everyone has something they like. No arguments with this pizza night!
With these pizzas, we added the pizza sauce and then topping them with cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, ham, cheddar, mozzarella and feta. But, here are some of our other favourite pizza toppings:
- Bell peppers
The key is to not over-top these flatbread pizzas. They are fairly thin, so too many toppings might cause them to break.
Want to serve up loads of mini pizzas and sides? We have got you covered! Here are some of our favourite side dishes that will go perfectly with our flatbread pizzas:
- Chips/Fries: We have The Best Air Fryer Fries, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Skin On Fries or Baked Polenta Fries to choose from.
- Slaw: Add a side of slaw with either some Mexican Coleslaw, Asian Slaw, Broccoli Slaw or Cucumber Dill Salad.
- Potato Salad: Mustard Potato Salad, No Mayo Potato Salad or Mediterranean Potato Salad.
- Dips/Sauce: Healthier Ketchup, Healthy BBQ Sauce, Tzatziki, Salsa, Jalapeno Sauce or some Guacamole.
- Others: Onion Rings, Roasted Vegetables, Grilled Corn, Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Salad, Baked Jalapeno Poppers or Spanish Olives.
Frequently asked questions
Well, it is still pizza so there needs to be some portion control. However, the bread is homemade and there is no salt and sugar unlike most store bought bread. You can also control the toppings, so you can make it as healthy or as indulgent as you like.
If you have leftovers (I know - what's leftover pizza?) then you can store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can reheat them in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Yes, you can freeze these. You can either freeze them before baking (which is our preference) or you can freeze them once cooked. Defrost at room temperature and then put them in the oven for 5 minutes if they weren't cooked already, or you can reheat them in the microwave for 45 seconds.
More pizza recipes
Easy Flatbread Pizza
- 250 g (2 cups) Self-raising flour
- 0.5 tablespoon Baking powder
- 250 g (1 cups) 0% natural yogurt
- 6 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 12 tablespoon Barbecue sauce
- 120 g (1 cups) Cheese - grated
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C(fan)/400°F/Gas 6.
- Add 250 g 0% natural yogurt and 0.5 tablespoon Baking powder to 250 g Self-raising flour and mix well in a bowl until it forms a sticky dough.
- Tip it out onto a floured worktop and knead and roll out to about 8 inches. You may need to add a little more flour if it is too sticky.
- Put the flatbreads in a hot pan (no oil needed) and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until puffed up.
- Mix together 6 tablespoon Tomato puree and 12 tablespoon Barbecue sauce.
- Add the sauce and any toppings and sprinkle over 120 g Cheese.
- Put into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- This is a very sticky dough when you are making it, due to the yogurt. Keep adding a little more flour at a time (if needed), until it becomes easier to handle.
- If you are using any meat as a topping on these flatbread pizzas, they should be precooked because there is such a short cooking time in the oven.
- Harder vegetables like broccoli or carrot would need to be precooked too, but softer ones like peppers and mushrooms can go straight on raw.
- You can easily double the batch by doubling the ingredients.
- You can flavour the flatbread dough itself to give extra flavour to these pizzas. Add a couple of crushed garlic cloves and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.