This super simple homemade garlic bread recipe takes just 5 minutes and it's all done in the air fryer. Air Fryer Garlic Bread is the perfect quick and easy side dish to go alongside pasta or soup. Crispy and buttery garlic bread, without having to turn the oven on.
Air fryer garlic bread is the perfect addition to almost any meal and the best thing is, it takes just 5 minutes to cook. Easy to adapt, goes with so many different meals and it's total comfort food. Cooking garlic bread in the air fryer is going to blow your mind!
If you are looking for some more garlicky recipes, then why not try our Garlic Spring Greens, Homemade Garlic Crisps or Garlic Green Beans?
Why you will love it
- Quick - This air fryer garlic bread takes just a couple of minutes to prepare and then just 5 minutes in the air fryer to get it nice and crispy.
- Easy - It's as easy as mixing together the ingredients and smothering it on the bread. So simple.
- Versatile - I am not sure there is anything I wouldn't serve with garlic bread! This goes so well with pasta and soup and we have lots of suggestions for you below.
- Adaptable - There are lots of ways to make garlic bread even better. Carry on reading to see our suggestions.
- Freezeable - You can make these up and keep in the freezer, ready to air fry when you are serving up a meal.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Bread - We used a part baked baguette, as the bread is being cooked in the air fryer. If you are using an already cooked baguette, then you might want to adjust the cooking time.
- Garlic - Freshly crushed is always best, but to save time you could use already crushed garlic. For a more intense garlic flavour, you could use roasted garlic.
- Butter - We used unsalted softened butter.
- Cheese - Who doesn't love cheesy garlic bread? We added a little Parmesan to give it that cheesy flavour and also to help crisp it up.
- Parsley - A little parsley really freshens it all up. You could use fresh basil instead, which goes really well with the Parmesan.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Bread - Step by step
One: Melt the butter.
Two: Add the garlic, Parmesan and parsley. Mix well to combine.
Three: Slice the baguette in half, then in half again lengthways. Spread the butter mixture over the slices.
Four: Put the bread into your air fryer. Cook at 180°C for 5-6 minutes.
What to serve with air fryer garlic bread
I don't think there is anything that doesn't go well with this. I mean, I wouldn't serve it with dessert, but when it comes to soups, stews and pasta, it goes with pretty much everything.
Pasta and garlic bread are a delicious match, and I always order it as a side when we go out for Italian. Why not try our Mushroom Carbonara, Chicken Pesto Pasta, 10 Minute Cream Cheese Pasta, Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, Easy Marmite Pasta or Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Bake?
Why just dip sliced bread in soup when you can dip in some cheesy garlic bread? It goes so well with soup, and here are some of our favourites - Easy Tomato Soup, Kale Soup, Potato and Leek Soup, Creamy Vegetable Soup or Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
We also love just dipping garlic bread into some homemade marinara. It makes a great starter for an Italian meal.
This is a pretty simple recipe, which is what we love about it. But, there are a few ways that you can change it up.
Bread - We used a part baked baguette, but you could use a ready cooked French baguette. You could also use ciabatta, which makes really good garlic bread.
Cheese - We used a little Parmesan to add that cheesy flavour and to also add some crispiness, but if you wanted a more melty cheese, then go with a little mozzarella or a mature cheddar which has a strong flavour.
Pesto - For a real flavour boost, ditch the fresh herbs and mix some good quality pesto into the butter and spread it all on. This works for a sun-dried tomato paste too.
Store: Any leftover air fryer garlic bread can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can also make these up in advance and then freeze them in a single layer. Once they are frozen you can then keep them in an air tight container in the freezer. You can then air fry them from frozen for about 5-7 minutes. You can freeze cooked garlic bread too. I would recommend defrosting it before it goes in the air fryer to be reheated though.
Reheat: You can reheat garlic bread in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. You will need to separate it into pieces if it is a full baguette. The frozen slices will take a couple of minutes longer in the air fryer, but this depends on the size of the slices.
To make this vegan, firstly make sure the bread is vegan and then swap the butter for your favourite vegan alternative, or use olive oil instead.
Seeing as we are not using an oven for this, to keep it warm, just wrap it in foil until you are ready to serve.
• We quartered the baguette, however you could cut it into slices.
• Make sure the garlic bread goes into your air fryer in a single layer to allow the air to circulate.
• Feel free to adjust the cooking times depending on how crispy you like your garlic bread.
• You can use dried parsley instead of fresh if that is all you have.
• This recipe is a great way to bring bread back to life. So, if you have a baguette that is going a little stale, make air fryer garlic bread with it.
• Because of the texture, garlic bread is best served right away.
More air fryer recipes
If you’ve tried this air fryer garlic bread recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 Part baked baguette
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 5 Garlic cloves - crushed
- 4 tablespoon Parmesan - finely grated
- 2 tablespoon Fresh parsley - finely chopped
- Melt the butter.2 tablespoon Butter
- Add the garlic, Parmesan and parsley. Mix well to combine.5 Garlic cloves, 4 tablespoon Parmesan, 2 tablespoon Fresh parsley
- Slice the baguette in half, then in half again lengthways. Spread the butter mixture over the slices.1 Part baked baguette
- Put the bread into your air fryer. Cook at 180°C for 5-6 minutes.
- We quartered the baguette, however you could cut it into slices.
- Make sure the garlic bread goes into your air fryer in a single layer to allow the air to circulate.
- Feel free to adjust the cooking times depending on how crispy you like your garlic bread.
- You can use dried parsley instead of fresh if that is all you have.
- This recipe is a great way to bring bread back to life. So, if you have a baguette that is going a little stale, make air fryer garlic bread with it.
- Because of the texture, garlic bread is best served right away.
I love garlic bread and making it in the air fryer is brilliant! Can't wait to try this recipe!
This quick, easy and fabulous garlic bread is perfect for pasta night in my house.
This turned out wonderfully! Love the crisp on the bread. Perfect method for doing garlic bread.
This air fryer garlic bread is a great addition to any meal! Using the air fryer gives the bread a crispy texture on the outside, while the garlic and butter gives the bread a delicious taste.
Garlic bread with any sort of Italian dish is my favorite. I always make extra to sop up the sauce. This is perfect!
I love garlic bread. This is convenient, easy and yum.....
I love garlic bread and this is no exception! I loved making it in the air fryer, made it quick and easy. Thank you!
This air fryer version of garlic bread looks fantastic. Thanks for the great recipe.
I love garlic bread with fresh garlic. it makes such a difference in the flavor profile. So good!
This is such an easy way to make garlic bread! Much tastier than store bought.