Make dinner super fun this Halloween by making these Halloween Pizzas that kids will LOVE. Get the kids involved in making their own spooky pizzas that even the fussiest ghosts and goblins will love. Quick and easy to make, with so many topping options that there is something for everyone.
However you celebrate Halloween, make sure these deliciously scary pizzas are part of it. Made by topping mini store bought pizzas, but with the option of making your own pizzas from scratch if you have the time.
Ghoulish ghosts, manic mummies and vicious vampires - these Halloween pizzas have it all. They would be perfect if you are hosting a little Halloween party for kids (or even adults).
Looking for some more Halloween recipes? Why not try our Chocolate Covered Apple Slices, Mini Halloween Pies, or Sausage Mummies?
Why you will love them
- Easy - These Halloween pizzas are made using a store bought cheese and tomato base, so they are so quick and easy to make.
- Easy to adapt - Whatever your favourite pizza toppings are, you can find a way to put them on and make them spooky.
- Great for getting kids involved in the kitchen - If you want your kids to take more interest in helping out in the kitchen, then these Halloween pizzas are a great place to start, as they are very easy.
- Perfect for a Halloween party - If you are hosing a party this Halloween, these are perfect to make as they are quick, cheap and you can easily make bigger ones to feed more people.
- 3 cheese and tomato pizza bases - we wanted a really quick and easy Halloween themed dinner that the kids would love, so we used ready made cheese and tomato pizza bases and then topped them ourselves. You could make your own pizzas though, and we have give some more options for that below.
- Cheese slices - there is so much that you can do with a cheese slice when it comes for decoration for a Halloween pizza. You want to use something that will melt well. We used mozzarella, but cheddar, Swiss and gouda will all work well.
- Ham - this is great for things like hair on the faces. Try to go for the best quality ham you can get - going to your local butchers is always a good bet.
- Olives - these help to make eyes and noses. Add some extra flavour with garlic and herb olives, or ones that are stuffed.
A full ingredients list with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make Halloween Pizza -Step by step
One: Make the ghost pizza by cutting out 2 ghost shapes from 2 of the cheese slices and putting them on one of the pizza bases. Use a black olive to make little eyes and finely chop another black olive to spell out "boo". Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
Two: To make the mummy pizza, use the offcuts from the ghost pizza and cut the cheese into strips to create a mummy face. Use olives to make eyes. Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
Three: To make the vampire pizza, chop one of the slices of ham in to strips to make the hair, and the other slice to make a mouth with fangs. Use and olive to make eyes. Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
What is a Halloween pizza?
It is pretty much much it sounds like - Halloween themed pizza. We went with ghosts, vampires and mummies, but there are so many options when it comes to scary faces. Let the whole family get creative and make their own Make it a competition for who can make the scariest.
We saved time by using a store bought cheese and tomato, however you can go all out and make your own. Why not use our Whole Wheat Pizza Dough and Easy Pizza Sauce to make the pizzas and then go wild with the toppings.
We kept it simple with cheese, ham and olives to make faces, however there are lots of other topping options that can make other faces, animals or scary things. Here are some of our favourites:
- Spider - you could use just olives to make lots of mini spiders on the pizza. Or you could make one big spider with chopped chicken for the body and thin bacon rashers for the legs. Plus, chicken and bacon is a delicious pizza combination. Why not add some BBQ sauce too.
- Eyeballs - make some spooky eye balls with some mini meatballs with little rounds of mozzarella and olives on them. You could use small balls of mozzarella too.
- Monsters - there are options when it comes to making monsters. Get your favourite veg and chop in to eyes, noses and mouths and add some slices of pepperoni too. This is an opportunity to get really creative.
- Pumpkins - you could cut round the pizza base itself to make a pumpkin shape and then use cheese, meat and vegetables to make the eyes and mouth of the pumpkin.
What to serve with Halloween Pizzas
You could just eat these pizzas by themselves, but if you are serving them up to a few people, then we have a few tasty options for you:
- Baked Carrot Fries
- Easy Hasselback Potatoes
- Grilled Little Gem Salad
- Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli
- Air Fryer Fries
- Greek Potatoes
- Baked Polenta Fries
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Italian Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Cheesy Baked Broccoli Bites
- Oven Baked Hash Browns
- Sweetcorn Salsa
- No Mayo Potato Salad
- Broccoli Slaw
After you've had your Halloween pizzas, why not try one of these Halloween dessert recipes:
Whilst pizza isn't an every day food for us, I think it is a good opportunity to add some extra vegetables. Especially when it comes to making spooky favourites. It's a good time to introduce kids to new vegetables too.
Leftover pizza will keep in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 2 days. You can reheat it in the oven or the microwave, or just eat it cold. A great addition to the kid's snack plate the next day.
Yes, you can wrap up individual pizza slices and then freeze them. They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you buy a gluten free halloween base, then you can easily make gluten free versions of these.
• Why not use strips of courgette to make the mummy, instead of just cheese. This is a good way to give the pizzas a veggie boost.
• Give another vegetable boost to these Halloween pizzas by adding some chopped spinach before the cheese.
• Add some extra flavour to the base by spreading over some Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce or some pesto.
Some other Halloween recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - Use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too.
- 3 Mini cheese and tomato pizza bases
- 3 Cheese slices - (we used mozzarella)
- 2 slices Ham
- 6 Olives
- Make the ghost pizza by cutting out 2 ghost shapes from 2 of the cheese slices and putting the on one of the pizza bases. Use a black olive to make little eyes and finely chop another black olive to spell out boo. Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
- To make the mummy pizza, use the off cuts from the ghost pizza and cut the cheese in to strips to create a mummy face. Use olives to make eyes. Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
- To make the vampire pizza, chop one of the slices of ham in to strips to make the hair, and the other slice to make a mouth with fangs. Use and olive to make eyes. Cook the pizza in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Why not use strips of courgette to make the mummy, instead of just cheese. This is a good way to give the pizzas a veggie boost.
- Add some extra flavour to the base by spreading over some Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce or some pesto.
I made these with the kids over the weekend and they LOVED them! Will definitely be making again for Halloween!
So happy to hear that you all enjoyed them.
Totally in love with these Halloween pizzas. Looks fantastic.
So creative. Looks good and must taste great.
These are so fun and so easy! Adding them to the Halloween food list...thanks for sharing :)
These are so fun and easy to make. They are a great way to get my kids to help cook.
I love all these!! They are so fun and easy to make!
Dolly @ Little Home in the Making
This is such a fun and cute idea for Halloween! So many Halloween foods are desserts...so great that this one can be served as a main dish!
What a cute idea for the season! Can't wait to see my kids' eyes when they see this for lunch! Love it!
YES! These are perfect for Halloween. I love that my kids can make them on their own and show their creativity!
These are the cutest! My niece and nephew would love them for Halloween! Think we'll give our own version a go!
So fun for a Halloween dinner! Definitely going on the list!
These are so adorable and perfect for Halloween night! I can't wait to make these with my kids.
Looks delicious, can't wait to try this one!
Oh, wow! That is so fun. I can hardly wait for my niece and nephews to get here this weekend so we can try it.
This is perfect for Halloween! The kids are going to love it.
How cool are these pizzas. I can't wait to make them with my niece!!
I absolutely love this idea... the mummy is my favourite!